Lent 2020 and Ash Wednesday
Ash Wednesday marks the beginning of the Lenten season. We receive ashes as a sign of humility (from dust we came, to dust we return). Lent is a time to remember themes like seek, call, forsake, and return. Someone said that this is a time to give up who we’ve been in order to become who you can be.
Receiving Ashes: I will be offering ashes Wednesday, February 26th at 9am and 12pm. I will also hold a small homily at 12pm the same day. It will be a 15 minute gathering.
Location: My New Office is located between the Honda Used Car Lot and the Acura Store.
Fasting during Lent is one form of a spiritual discipline to re-habit our ways of being with God, each other, and our inner selves. A few disciplines include (but are not limited to):
- Food Fasting. Abstaining from lunch to cultivate a hunger for God.
- Social Media Fast. Abstaining from all social media apps to cultivate good time management and be more mindful.
- Scripture Reading and Prayer. This is a combination of reading the daily scriptures regarding Lent and saying a prayer.
- Prayer of Examen. Specific form of a prayer at the end of the day to examine God’s presence and our response (or lack of it).
- Communal Scripture Study and Prayer.
If you would like, please join me for Communal Scripture Study and Prayer each Wednesday at 12pm for the Lenten Season.